Friday, May 28, 2004

Friday 28th May 2004

We've been approved for our remortgage now, so the plan to extend our house is well underway.
Last night we had the fourth and final architect round to quote for producing drawings. He was the spit of Dave Lee Travis ! To those who are outside of the UK, and also those who are under 30, DLT was a radio DJ, mainly legendary due to the 'darts on the radio' competition he ran in the 80's. He was caught out by Noel Edmonds (another celeb at the time) on his TV show. I have a feeling they never showed this particular excerpt DLT swears like a docker (That's NSFW in case it wasn't obvious)


Interestingly enough, the last architects who came round were also dopplegangers. There was two of them, one looked like Steven Spielberg and the other like Harold Shipman, the infamous murderer of old age pensioners. Spielberg rang me with his quote a few days ago, and mentioned that he wouldn't be able to start for a couple of weeks as he was on holiday and his colleague (Shipman) was busy looking after his dying mother. Now I already had the Shipman image in my head when he told me, so it was all I could do not to snigger.
I know. I'm a bad man.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger dollyllama said...

You hired Shipman? Do not leave food around and watch out for pointy things (he poisoned if I'm not mistaken but it was by injection, no?)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just gone through the first round of architects myself. So far just a quick visit to draw skethes to get a builders rough estimate. Oh, and I remember both DLT and darts on the radio ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home