Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Wednesday 16th June 2004

So much to catch up on.

We met Loony Tenant in full loony mode. Mrs RB and I had a few drinks and we're sitting out in the garden. I'd gone inside to check out the latest on Worth and she decides to ask LT if he'd like to sit in the garden and have a drink. As it turns out, he's a pissed as we are and is decidedly jumpy. By the time I come back downstairs, Mrs RB has got fed up with the conversation and she wanders off to go to bed.
So, I'm left with Mr Bitter-Welsh-Divorcee-Looked After Dying Mum-Bitter About That Too Because He Had To Give Up University. The conversation goes along the lines of
LT - serious, deep question to me.
RB - mood lightening answer with serious tone to pacify him, question to him.
LT - Why are you asking me that ?
RB - It's just a question.
LT - I'm not comfortable about your wife asking me to have a drink in your garden.
RB - It's just us being friendly.
LT - serious, deep question to me.

and so it went on. I probably paint it worse than it was, but he is somewhat odd.
I'm proud-ish of my geek side, but this guy is a Database Admin and he has ZERO friends. This isn't such a bad thing I suppose, he sits in the flat (apartment) and has no friends round making noise. It could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home